Joplin Disaster Recovery Summit Agenda – FAQ
May 19th & 20th 2016
Missouri Southern State University – Billingsly Student Center
What hotels are available?
Marriott hotel(s) offering your special group rate:
- TownePlace Suites Joplin – for $89.00 USD per night
- Book your group rate for Disaster Relief Summit – Last day to book: 4/28/16
LaQuinta hotel Joplin, MO
- LaQuinta – $84.00 USD per night – Call and ask for Disaster Recovery Summit rate. Rate is based on space availability.
If your organization is unable to register through PayPal using a credit card, you may Download the PDF and send in along with a check. Payment by check does not guarantee your attendance if checks arrive after the conference has reached capacity.
Is there any financial assistance available?
If your organization requires financial assistance in order to attend the summit, the American Red Cross may be able to help by reimbursing mileage (if you are more than 50 miles from Joplin) up to a maximum of $150 and providing lodging for one night up to $99. To inquire about eligibility for sponsorship, please email Kobi Gillespie with the following information:
- Event attending, Joplin Education Summit
- Phone Number
- Organization Representing
- Is your organization a 501(c)3?
- Are you a current COAD/VOAD member?
Are there any continuing education credits available for conference attendees?
We have not gotten any pre-approvals for Continuing Education/Professional Development Hours. Approvals for CEU’s will be at the discretion of your certification/licensure board. We will have attendance cards at registration. that you may have signed by the room proctor at the sessions you attend. At the end of the summit, you can turn in our attendance card. We will send a Certificate of Attendance to you within two weeks following the conference.